Catholics Searching for Acceptance
Rehearsals are a simple matter - the purpose for a rehearsal is to let the parents/attendants know where they will be standing, sitting, etc. Distance and other commitments do not allow me to always participate in rehearsals before the wedding day itself. I will be happy to come an hour early to conduct a quick run through. Just be assured your wedding day will move smoothly with or without a rehearsal. The following is provided for those who want a rehearsal when I am not available.
Don't stress out about rehearsals. Two preliminary considerations should be addressed:
1. Remind Bridal Attendances to smile, breath, and walk to "Mississippi" so as not to marathon down aisle.
2. Assign/Ask someone NOT in the wedding party and NOT a parent to run the rehearsal.
1. Set attendants in place where they will be standing once they have entered.
2. Set Bride Groom where they will be standing once Bride has entered.
3. Set parents in positions where they will be seated once they have entered.
4. Decide grooms men's hand position: hands in back, at side, or in front fig-leaf position right over left or left over right.
5. Bride/Groom exit, followed by bridal party.
6. Then prepare to rehearse entrance by lining everyone up according to the schedule we discussed at our pre-nuptial conference:
THE PLAN (Indicate Seating: Stage (Right/Left) Row, Seat: (SR,R1,S1)
SEATING MUSIC A
Groom's Mother First Name by (Best Man First Name) (SL,R1,S1) followed by Groom's Father First Name (SL,R1,S2)
Groom's Grandparents First Name(s) (If married, together, if single by Groomsman First Name)
Bride's Grandparents First Name(s) (If married, together, if single by Groomsman First Name)
Bride's Mother First Name by (Best Man First Name) (SR,R1,S1)
Entry of Groom's Party, BM First Name, First Name, First Name, etc. (OR are groomsmen entering with Bridal Attendants?)
PROCESSIONAL MUSIC NO. 1
Ring Bearer First Name
(Coin Bearer, if child, First Name)
Bridal Attendant #1 First Name (or with Groomsman First Name)
Bridal Attendant #2 First Name (or with Groomsman First Name)
Bridal Attendant #3 First Name (or with Groomsman First Name)
Maid of Honor First Name (or with Best Man First Name)
Flower Girl First Name
PROCESSIONAL MUSIC NO. 2
Bride First Name with Escort Dad (First Name) (SR,R1,S2)
Presentation of Bride to Groom
Practice entering and proceed to assigned position (#1,2)
Rehearsal DONE! - NO MORE than 20 minutes. - then to dinner if you're having a rehearsal dinner.
I will meet with all involved in processional before the wedding ceremony to go over last minute details and review order.
Please feel free to email or call me if you have any questions about this process. Remember, you main responsibility is to enjoy your wedding day.
Once you stand before me all will flow smoothly.